onsdag 8. mars 2017

Yako Yako First Touch Black&White

Review of Yako Yako First Touch Black&White



Pattern: First Touch
Name: Black&White
Blend: 100%  GOTS certified organic cotton
Thickness: 300 g/m2 prewash and approximately 340 postwash.
Wrappee: 20 months and 14,5 kg






I was very excited to be asked to test two of Yako Yako´s wraps. The brand is a new and upcoming brand that make high quality baby wraps, and I love to try it out.

First touch is a beautiful wrap made of 100% GOTS certified organic cotton. The wrap is densely woven, and in hand it feels thin and a bit heavy at the same time. 
I am not a fan of 100% cotton, and was a bit scared about trying out that for my toddler, but by the first touch it proved me that cotton is not just cotton!





First Touch is soft and feels smooth in hand. It does not have much grip, and is so easy to wrap with. Every layer is just falling on place almost by it self, and you dont need to even get warm during the wrap-job. Its easy to tighten, its easy to do double layers, and its even easy to make a good seat and to make the knot/finish. 
I am carrying a toddler, and its a very toddler proof wrap that can carry him also in a simple ruck with no problem. The pleats are so comfy and cushy on my shoulders.






Another ting I really like about this wrap, is that its easy care. You can just put it in the washing machine on cotton 40°c, and it will come out clean and almost ready for use. For me that is important when i choose what wrap I'm wearing for what occasion. At this trip, where I took this pictures, I had a lot of ups and downs with the wraps, and in Norway at this time its easy to get some dirt on the wraps. Its nice to choose something you know can be easily washed after use.





Another thing is the colors. I love that its so different from right and "wrong" side. For me it feels like having three different looks in one wrap. I can use only dark side, only light side og mix it- like I did on this picture! I also love the contrast! 



I think this wrap is almost pull-proof. I can not promise you this, because I would never try to make a pull in any wrap, but the dense weave makes the structure more like the top of any woven t-shirt or jeans, than some of the wraps I have tried. It seems like it would never get a pull, and that is for sure a good thing! 




This wrap would be perfect for every age. It would be the to-go wrap for everything, and it would suit newbies and more advanced baby wearers. Its a good starter wrap, because its not the most expensive wrap, but it could be your one and only wrap from start till end of baby wearing- if you can manage just keeping one. 
This is also a wrap for all around wearing. It does not feel warm when wearing inside, and it feels like an extra layer of clothes when wearing outside in this wintertime. 





My conclusion about this wrap is:
- A smooth wrap
- Densely woven
- thin, but a bit heavy
- very soft
- easycare
- pull-proof
- good for all ages and weight
- easy to wrap with
- cushy on the shoulders

- Not for those who love a lot of grip in their wrap.




Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar