tirsdag 7. mars 2017

Minako Ursus Polar

Review of Minako Ursus Polar 

Pattern: Ursus
Name: Polar
Blend: 42% L.S. egyptian cotton, 36% Japanese Tsumugi silk (space dyed) 16% mulberry silk, 6%babycamel
Thickness: 290 g/m2 (prewash)
Wrappee: 20 months and 14,5 kg


So, lets all meet Minako Ursus Polar. 



Just a short while after Mischa left, Polar arrived here with us. I was very excited about this one, because I heard that it was more spongy on the shoulders than Mischa, and that would just be the perfect wrap for us.
The rumors was true, and my thoughts too.
When I thought I had met the perfect wrap in Mischa- I met Polar! 




Polar is a beauty of a wrap, with amazing colors. 
You may think that its silver and black with glitter, but that´s not the reality.
The wrap has some beautiful colors hidden inside the silver/grey, and that makes the wrap look glittering. 
In slingofest Minako has described the wrap as : Double twisted space dyed Japanese silk ( pastel blue colors) in combination with navy blue babycamel/silk on black yarn.
And the pastel in it self looks soo gorgeous! 





Polar is made of 42% L.S. egyptian cotton, 36% Japanese Tsumugi silk, 16% mulberry silk and 6%babycamel. 
It has the thickness of 290 g/m2. 
This time I would try look away from that number, because I think Polar is more of a thick wrap. My guess would be around 320-340 just by touching it. Still the wrap feels light in hand. Its not heavy, but feels airy and fluffy just by touching it.




The pastel colors are hard to capture in a picture. I have tried, and this is the best I got.
It has stripes of different pastel colors, and its so beautiful! 






So, how does it feel?
Polar felt a bit rough in hand. It had a surface I haven't experienced before. 
They say this will be different, and more smooth, when really broken in, but for me it was not rough in a bad way. 
Polar felt like having ALOT of grip when touching it, but it was not what I experienced when wrapping with it. 
The wrap is a velcro wrap (as we call it in Norway), but still there was no problem making double passes glide easily. And the grip also make the wrap stay in place when you wrap, tighten and making the knot. 





The wrap made my little one feel weightless in multiple layer-carries. It has some awesome amount of cush on the shoulders, and it has just a tiny bit stretch. 
The stretch is just enough to make the wrap moldable on both me and my boy. 
I feel like I'm once more repeating myself, but this wrap was very good to wrap with, carry in longer walks, carry heavier kids and also perfect for my sensitive shoulders and back!

For me Polar was the answer for the perfect toddler-wrap, and I was amazed about its qualities! 









So, my conclusion about this wrap:

- thicker wrap
- not heavy
- feels airy
- feels grippy in hand, but not when wrapping
- perfect wrap for toddlers
- medium amount of grip
- a bit bounce and stretch
- looks amazing
- no scratchy glitter
- good for single and multiple-layer carries
- does feel like a blanket, but not too warm.

- a bit too thick and grippy for the smallest squishes
- not for those who like wraps with no or just a bit of grip, or who search for thin wraps



Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar