torsdag 9. februar 2017

Linuschka Bolero Serenity

Review of Linuschka Bolero Serenity 

Pattern: Bolero
Name: Serenity
Blend: 48% peruvian pima cotton 52% tussah silk
Thickness: 308 gsm
Wrappee: 19 months and 14,5 kg.


I was lucky to be able to test one of Linuschka´s testers who have been traveling in Norway, and was very happy when I heard there was a high-tussah blend. I really enjoy all the tussah-wraps with their different colors and nubs.







When I first received the wrap- I was really happy to see its in my kind of colors. Wow!
I love the earth-tones this wrap have! 
Serenity is a light beige wrap together with a beautiful brown, and have nubs of brown and blue (!!!). The blue are a real surprise- and it fits perfect! 
Its a delicate wrap, and I felt it matches most of the clothes in my wardrobe, and for me that is also a big plus.
And yes, Im the kind of wrapper who like things to match. ;)





When bolero came to me, it had already been with other testers, and was no longer in loom state. It was soft and cosy, and it was nice to wrap with from the start. 

The thing that first had me with bolero, is that even if it feels soft as a kittens belly- it also feels strong. When you have it in your hands, you can feel it´s tightly woven.
Bolero Serenity is made with single weft. It actually reminds me of some wraps I´ve tried with linen, but this hold no linen- just tussah and cotton.
Another thing that surprised me, is the 308 g/m2. Serenity feels light and thin in hand, and it could easily been the best newborn wrap I´ve tried. I have a 230 g/m2 wrap with cotton/linen, and this feels almost the same! Bolero Serenity holds my 14,5 kg boy with no problem! 




Just days before Serenity landed here, I received my first Linuschka. This is Ipomee Dark Hedges- also a high-tussah wrap, containing 35% cotton, 41% tussah and 24% merino wool. This wrap is made out of double-weft, and have 280 g/m2.  
I was curious about the difference between this two wraps, and specially the weft surprised me. 
Serenity being single weft, and Dark Hedges being double weft- and they also feel so different. 
I would say that they are completely opposites of each other. 
While Serenity is thin in hand, and tightly woven, Dark hedges feels a bit thicker in hand, and a lot more fluffy/airy in its weft, and having more bounce and cush. They are both pretty and very good to wrap with- in each it´s ways! 





Bolero has been used in FWCC, DH, DH sweetheart finish, as a ruck and as a blanket. 
Its soft, strong and its cuddly.. We have been using it every day for the time it was here, and we love it! Mostly DH, as thats my favorite. 
With his weight of soon 15 kg, there is not many wraps that feels comfortable on my shoulders when I'm wrapping single layers. 
This one is no exception for me. It was no problem using it in a simple ruck, but my shoulder is a bit too sensitive. But the wrap is study and will not sag, so if your shoulders are up for it- Bolero Serenity will also be. ;)






To describe Serenity- I would say that its thin, strong, having a lot of grip- but still not too much for making passes glide easily enough to tighten without using too much strength. 
Because its thin in hand, the knot, and also the candy cane-chestbelt, is not oversized. It fits perfect without making it uncomfortable for me. Thats also a big plus if you are using a babywearing-jacket or dont like the big knots being in the way while doing other things.

Because the wrap is both thin and have good grip, it makes the wrapping itself much more easy, and when tightening it does not fall out of place that easily. It will forgive a sloppy job just because it can stay in place almost all the time.
My toddler like to have a lot of fun while sitting on my back, and is very active. Not once did I feel like Bolero Serenity lost it place! 

Also I think its a great wrap for both summer and winter. It did not feel warm when carrying inside, and it feels cosy and like a blanket around us when using it outside in the cold winter. We also like to use the wraps as blankets in the sofa- and this one really did the job when we´re cuddling up together. 




Conclusion: 
- Thin in hand
- Makes small knots, and drapes beautiful
- Very strong
- Very soft
- Beautiful colors with amazing nubs
- Perfect for those who is looking for an all around wrap that fits summer and winter, and likes thin wraps with good grip and that make precisely wrapping jobs.
- Not for those who seek wraps with bounce, a lot of stretch or cush. 








1 kommentar: