tirsdag 21. februar 2017

Minako Ursus Mischa

Review of Minako Ursus Mischa

Pattern: Ursus
Name: Mischa
Blend: 42% L.S. egyptian gassed cotton , 36% Japanese Tsumugi Silk 22% cashmere 
Thickness: 280 g/m2 (prewash)
Wrappee: 19,5 months and 14,5 kg


Ursus Mischa is the first Minako I have ever tried, and it is always a pleasure to test something new. I have heard a lot of good things about the brand, and also the wrap, so I was very excited.








Also the blend is quite new to me. I have just tried once or twice both cashmere and Tsumugi silk, and Mischa have both.
The wrap was already well broken in when I received it, and it felt airy and fluffy. It felt medium thick in hand, and I could feel there was a bit stretch in it too.

Mischa arrived in our house just in time. Just the same evening my son decided that he did not want to go to sleep in any other way then in a FWCC, and that is just new for us. We have never really worn that much in FWCC before, because of his weight and my shoulders and back, but when thats all he wanted, the mother of course try her best to make it happen. So, I grabbed Mischa, and up he went....
And wow! 












Mischa was to the rescue. It felt good. I could carry him like this and make him stop crying, and comfort his needs. He fell asleep after a short while. We were both very comfortable wearing Mischa right from the start...

So... 
I posted this picture at some chatter groups, and people started asking me about the glitter.
"Does it scratch?"
" Is it uncomfortable to wear?"
" How does it feel like?"

And Yes... Mischa is glowing and glittering... 
But... Its not from glitter....








Mischa is made from black cotton and cashmere together with tsumugi silk in the color of charcoal... And look! Its not glitter. Its tsumugi silk speckles in different colors!!!

I love the look it gives to the wrap! So the answer is: NO! There is no glitter in this, and it feels very comfortable! 







So, where to start...







Mischa is a medium thick wrap, with its 280 g/m2. It does not feel thick in hand at all, and is very comfortable to wrap with. The wrap feels airy, and adding a lot of cush and bounce on my shoulders. I could wear my toddler for hours, without feeling any pain at all. 
With that being said, it is also quite easy to wrap with, and have just the right amount of grip. It was easy to make second passes, and the wrap was not sliding out of its place while tying it.







The wrap has an elegant look, at the same time with giving a bit of a rough look. Black can be a bit boring all alone, but this wrap is everything but boring. It looks pretty, and it has an interesting pattern, that I'm not getting tired of.

Its the first time Im having a mono wrap in my stash, and I love it. I now know that I need one.









I have used this wrap in DH, ruck and FWCC. Its my most used carries, and Mischa rocked them all. If there is anything I would have to say, it´s that after a short while it did not feel as comfortable wearing a simple ruck, but that is no news for me, as my toddler is almost 15 kg´s already. There is not a lot of wraps that are comfortable on my shoulders in single layers with this little kid.









This wrap is suitable for all. I felt it is very comfortable with my toddler in double layers, and I'm sure Mischa is also up for small squishes. Its very soft and moldable, and still gives great support.









Conclusion:

- Medium thick wrap, feeling thin in hand
- Have an airy feeling, both in hand and while wrapping
- Medium amount of stretch 
- Medium amount of grip
- Nice cush on shoulders
- Feels moldable when wrapping
- Easy to wrap with
- Suitable for all
- Beautiful! 

- Not for those who need a mute and thin wrap, or for those who need no grip or massive grip.
















1 kommentar:

  1. Fantastic review and gorgeous photos! Ursus Polar has my all-time favorite WQs and Mischa sounds very similar - the airiness, the cushiness. I think I might need to get my hands on this!

    Adriana
    http://www.adrianathani.com

    SvarSlett